Job title : Fibre Engineer
Location : Reading, Bristol, Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Watford, Dartford, Southampton & Preston
Project Location(s): Various UK locations
The role involves the following duties but may vary :
- Fusion splicing sm/mm fibre optic cables.
- Ensuring that work is delivered on time, within budget and to the customer’s satisfaction
- Responsible for the quality of the agreed installation
- Agreeing Installation ‘design’ with the customer prior to start of work.
- Performing site surveys as required by customer
- Providing a high quality installation to the customer agreed expectations
- Completion of work job packs / Survey returns completion
- Ensuring tasks are completed within the correct timescales
- Rodding or Cut & draw installation of fibre optic cable
- Sealing risers and ducts correctly
- Splicing within U/G and aerial Splice Joints where required
- External surface mount cabling to correct standards
- Internal surface mount cabling utilising both Fibre Optic and CAT5/6E cabling
- Overhead installation of Fibre Optic cables
- Blowing Blown Fibre Bundle from FDP to PMC
- Identifying and splicing fibre in pick up node
- Creating mini nodes
- Installing Blown Fibre Gas Seal Units
- Splicing fibres through existing nodes
- Creating and splicing Nodes
- Creating Blown Fibre Tube joints or intercepting existing tubing
- Installing PMC (transition Joint) PM/UG
- Installing CBTs PM/UG
- Splicing ULW into FDPs
- High standard of OTDR and ILM testing/ Power meter testing (1310/1550)
- Chromatic Dispersion/Polarisation mode dispersion testing if required/overhead cabling / drop wire provision and working on poles.
- experience in layout and splicing of pole mounted DPs, Splitters CSPs etc.
Experience is required.